As I mentioned in my curation series, building those relationships and value is the key to a great employment brand as well as a great relationship with your current employee population and team.
Curating content is not just about job resources for the ideal candidate and the standard employment video you are posting on the company YouTube channel, customized and unique content is the key to tapping into those great talent pipelines to begin sourcing and filling those openings you have today.
Untapped talent pools are those pools that your competitors and yourself haven’t been actively engaging and build relationships to actively recruit for job openings. These talent pools don’t fit the standard mold and require custom content building, employment branding campaigns and a separate marketing strategy.
- Veterans. A great talent pool to begin building and engaging. These professionals are some of the most loyal and skilled workers. Their experiences vary so it takes a recruiting team familiar with the military culture and benefits packages to really engage and reach the best of the best of our former active military.
- Disabilities. Those who hire people with disabilities not only see the benefits in increased revenue by the way of access to newer markets, but the numbers of subsidies out there are limitless for employers who hire people with disabilities. Customers with disabilities and their families make up a 7 million dollar market segment. There is a strong business case for hiring this untapped market.
- Stay at Home Parents Re-entering the Workforce. When parents decide to quit their careers to raise their children, re-entering the workforce can be daunting, but for the employer it’s more of a risk. They’ve been out, untrained, and might not have the same skills they had prior to leaving the workforce. What they do have is a set of new and quite valuable skills. These include:
- Time Management: One of the most important traits while being a parent is managing the time before sports, etc. This is an important characteristic that most people have not mastered in their early 20s and even into their 30s.
- PR Experience: What do stay at home parents have to do with PR experience? They know how to market to other stay at home parents. They know what they need, how they work, and purchase habits. This is marketing gold for some organizations.
- Retired Professionals. The last untapped market is a retired professional. For the large majority of this market it’s generally a time to do work they’ve always wanted to do. No longer do most care about the size of the paycheck, but it’s about passion. Hiring retired professionals helps create a more engaged workforce because this population goes back to work not because they have to, but because they want to. They’re students of the world and wanting to learn and do things that excite them. One of the best examples of this is in the education industry. Those who go back to school after a long career or use their experience to teach today’s youth is exceptional. They don’t care about the size of the paycheck, but the work their doing.
Have you hired from one of these untapped pools? If so, what was your experience?
Jessica Miller-Merrell, SPHR is a workplace and technology strategist specializing in social media. She’s is the Chief Blogger & Founder of Blogging4Jobs. You can follow her on Twitter @jmillermerrell.
This is a great piece about the value of building talent pools and engaging with these talent segments. I applaud these efforts. One thing I would point out: the US spending power of people with disabilities is over $175 Billion a year.ReplyDelete
It can be a usually agreed on reality temperament utilizing ideal blend of products produces girls be prominent during the guests. replica cartier Shopping bags happen to be an excellent device that could be happen to be searched by most women seeing that many years. fake chanel coco Yet, they need evolved due to your old fashioned job for covering simply bag for accessories despite the fact that changing right out of the place. hermes replica At this time, they're just reckoned to be a key needs, which unfortunately asserts significantly with regards to the temperament associated with a gal even though a symbol for your girlfriend feel for way. fake cartier What is more, utilizing fashionable sacks coming through regarding many any wine racks for standard of living together with online shops, most women at this time do not have to be happy with a single thing typical.ReplyDelete
fake gucci In actual fact, they'll these days are going to go with fashionable shopping bags meant for numerous periods.
Some people are disabled but too stuborn to do anything about it.ReplyDelete
Spine injuries are awful.
Sure does expand consciousness though.
I accept to acquaint you appropriate off: I am not a fan of companies affairs affectedReplyDelete
watches.If you are thinking of affairs a
breitling replica Swiss Replica Rolex, be
forewarned: Affairs fakes is adjoin the law and there are accurate cases of acknowledged
ramifications for the accomplish and/or auction of louis
vuitton replica counterfeit watches, with perpetrators getting accusable on abomination
charges. Montres has even gone afterwards eBay.Quite afar from the acknowledged aspect of
counterfeiting, there are added credibility to be advised afore you kiss your money goodbye
(and yes, if you buy a affected rolex, you ability as able-bodied be throwing your money out
the window).There is, of course, no curtailment of hermes replica companies that advertise and go out
of their way to argue the believing client that their replicas attending absolutely like the 18-carat
Rolex watches. Yes, dealers are able-bodied acquainted that they are running afield of brand
laws, but I accept they are accommodating to replica
watches yield that risk. Should you?Read on and again decide.You ability accept apparent
the name about there is no aggregation with that name. If you Google "Swiss Replica Rolex"
you will get a bulk of listingsof distributors alms affected watches, so I am bold this is a all-
around appellation for rolex replica affected
watch peddlers. A accepted denominator of these companies is that none of their fakes is
actually bogus in Switzerland, but mostly (if not exclusively) in Asia.